My 3pm sweet tooth is no joke! And to be honest, sometimes a piece of fruit just doesn’t cut it. My mother-in-law sent me this recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites. They are the perfect fix!
Chocolate, peanut butter, over 2 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber, and all real-food ingredients… who could resist? They’re super duper easy to make, vegan, require no baking, and are a no-mess grab-n-go snack. They’re like chocolate chip-peanut butter-oatmeal cookies, but way healthier, and I think even more delicious. They’ll totally satisfy your sweet tooth (whenever it may strike) without the sugar crash. They also make a great after school treat or lunchbox addition for the kiddos.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate has the most healthy benefits)
- 1/3 cup honey (or agave nectar if you're hardcore vegan)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, and then place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.*
- *They're best eaten right out of the refrigerator. They tend to get a little soft and crumbly if they get too warm...not like that stopped me from eating a couple after carrying them around in my purse all afternoon.